Author Topic: Old user, new problem  (Read 13848 times)

spookeend

• View Profile
Old user, new problem
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:09:38 PM »
i used an old version of Rightload, and i really love the program.

Now i have a new computer, and installed a the version, 1.5. My old harddrive was in my new computer, to transfer files. I also installed rightload when the old hd was in the computer.
When i removed the hard-drive, it could not find my server list. I installed my old hard-drive again, since it pointed out it could not find the .db file to load the serverlist. I copied the server list to my new hard drive, and looked for a way to redirect rightload to that file. I tried importing the serverlist, but the program won't recognize the file as such.

Then i exported the server list from the early rightload version, and saved it on my new hd. Disconnected the old HD and re-installed the rightload. Restarted the pc, and installed the program again. When i opened, it first asked for the path to my old hard-drive again?

I tried inporting the .xml i exported from the old program, but again, it does not recognize that either.....

Since i have large server list, i really would not like to fill them all in manually.

How can i tackle this problem?? Since it keeps on pointing out to my old hard-drive everytime i open Rightload, even after some rigorus un-installs and re-installs.

Greatnix Spookeend

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Old user, new problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »
Please check whether the latest beta version fixes this problem: http://rightload.org/files/Rightload_Setup_1.6.0_Beta_2.exe

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:26:55 PM »
Ok, thank you.

I have tried, but it gives an error during install.....

"invalid Filename - In create"

I un-installed rightload 1.5 and then installed the beta you pointed to.
Un-installed the beta, and tried one more time, but again, the same error.

Greatnix Spookeend

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:47 PM »
That is strange... are you installing to the default path? Which version of Windows are you using?

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 09:37:50 PM »
default as in, well, no changes made during installation.

Just set go go go, so to say,

I am using windows XP, with all SP's and so. Perhaps worth mentioning, i get an error, very briefly, when uninstalling aswell, but that is closed up right away so no chance i can read that, so fast, less then a second on screen. It does un-install normally as i can see, no things left but an empty rightload folder in "program files"

Greatnix Spookeend

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »
What path does the installer propose as default? If it is not C:\Program Files\Rightload, you could try changing it to that.

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:10 PM »
Just checked, version 1.5 and the beta one, both go to "C:\Program Files\Rightload" by default.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »
Could you maybe make a screenshot of the error message?

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 10:22:46 PM »
Here you go, just "froze-frame" on un-install, and the error is the exact same then

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 11:14:40 PM »
That looks more like an error that could occur when you run Rightload itself, not during the installation. Are you sure it happens during the installation? If it does, in which step does it occur (before/after copying the files)?

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 09:33:03 AM »
During installation, i have to click ok 3 times (pop-ups 3 times) and every time i click, the install goes a little further, until it's say it's done.

Then, when you run rightload, it keeps asking for the path to my old hd.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 12:11:08 AM »
What do the pop ups say?

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 07:49:20 AM »
that image i posted is what i call the "pop-up"

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 01:59:26 PM »
I can't think of any reason why that message would pop up during the installation, though. When you run the program itself, maybe, but not during the setup...

Well, you could still try going through your registry and making sure that there is no "Rightload" key under HKLM\Software or HKCU\Software. Maybe it helps.

spookeend

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 02:21:56 PM »
well, that worked. Removed old reg files from both registers (previously only 1 found, now 2)
Now i took my old rightload folder, put it in programfiles, opened up, and yes, there all was, without a glitch at all. Made the context menu working by telling so in the options panel and there we are, all good.

Thank you very much for the time, and the flaw must have been one of the 2 registry inserts i think?

I could try updating the program now? Not sure, but i think the last steps can be repeated in case of things not going well again?