Author Topic: the imageshack upload doesn't work  (Read 17031 times)

god35789

• View Profile
the imageshack upload doesn't work
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:31:30 PM »
wHY the imageshake uploading doesn't work?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:52:33 PM by nk »

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: the imageshake uploading doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 03:51:32 PM »
What is the path to the file? Does it contain any special (non-english) characters?

god35789

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »
What is the path to the file? Does it contain any special (non-english) characters?

no, its path :  D:\Rightload

I've re-installed it twice
but  still doesn't work
(the rapidshare.com can work though)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:26:14 PM by god35789 »

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 05:33:50 AM »
starting 2009.07.16 my Righload 1.8 also started having difficulties uploading to imageshack on Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 installed.  how can I contribute to the solution of this problem ?  what other information should I provide ?

Mike1959

• View Profile
    • The Skinnery
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 09:02:54 AM »
strange...I'm not encountering any problems with vista home premium and sp1 and not even since installing sp2.
I can upload to random imageshack or my registered account at imageshack.

unless of course imageshack were having issues at the time which is common place as I recall.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »
Does this problem still occur or did you find a solution?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 06:16:48 PM »
on july 16 it's started happening to me. rightload 1.8 stopped uploading to imageshack. i never use rightload for any other sites

i went to the internet for solution and found this thread which started on july 12 for the exact same problem reported by other user.

i'm surprised i don't see a lof of other replies because i'm quite sure it's a bug and there are other people out there experiencing the same thing. i can still connect normally to imageshack and upload photo successfully throught their website but not using rightload 1.8. i'm on vista home premium 32 bit. i still try from time to time to find out if the problem disappears. my wildest guess is that imageshack change some of the protocol to upload photo. the web interface works. rightload pops an error message

here is a screeshot with this message being composed in the background

peter

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 06:55:23 PM »
For me everything works fine, so this is hard to analyze for me. Are you uploading to an account or to the default site?

I just sent you an email with a debug version of the plugin. Please copy that file to your Rightload\plugins directory. Then, start another upload and close Rightload again after the error shows up.

There should now be two files in the directory where the image was: rightload_plugin_log.txt and rightload_plugin_reply.txt. Please send me those files.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »
wow cool. ok i tried to do what you told me. on my first attempt, no file is created. so i try running rightload as administrator. after i run rightload as administrator i get 'rightload_plugin_log.txt' on the folder where the image is located. i cannot find 'rightload_plugin_reply.txt'. this is the content of 'rightload_plugin_log.txt'

About to connect() to www.imageshack.us port 80 (#0)
  Trying 208.94.2.36... connected
Connected to www.imageshack.us (208.94.2.36) port 80 (#0)
POST /index.php HTTP/1.1

Host: www.imageshack.us

Accept: */*

Content-Length: 118946

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------------f906ea94eea1

------------------------------f906ea94eea1

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="fileupload"; filename="Capture.JPG"

Content-Type: image/jpeg

V}ôk. BuyD
8nq{׏?*I$C+/HAKˉ.$9ye%ُ$Ԩ<swQxVtu5l4fDVǰI5n-V+HIR=`;WTRgrzk|nf.큁NO]o)e[Closing connection #0
Failure when receiving data from the peer
Reached end of upload function

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »
Did you try a few different files already? Maybe a small file, maybe a different image format? Did any of them work?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »
it's strange. when i run rightload as myself. the log file is not created. i have to run as administrator. but when i run as administrator, rightload 'drag & drop' doesn't work. to add file i have to click FILE...bla bla bla

this is the log after i tried to upload one JPG and one GIF

About to connect() to www.imageshack.us port 80 (#0)
  Trying 38.99.76.137... connected
Connected to www.imageshack.us (38.99.76.137) port 80 (#0)
POST /index.php HTTP/1.1

Content-Length: 118946

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------------c9869a41bd61

------------------------------c9869a41bd61

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="fileupload"; filename="Capture.JPG"

Content-Type: image/jpeg

V}ôk. BuyD
8nq{׏?*I$C+/HAKˉ.$9ye%ُ$Ԩ<swQxVtu5l4fDVǰI5n-V+HIR=`;WTRgrzk|nf.큁NO]o)e[Closing connection #0
Reached end of upload functionAbout to connect() to www.imageshack.us port 80 (#0)
  Trying 38.99.76.137... connected
Connected to www.imageshack.us (38.99.76.137) port 80 (#0)
POST /index.php HTTP/1.1

Content-Length: 4428

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------------19611ba7efd6

------------------------------19611ba7efd6

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="fileupload"; filename="DVB-VS3012-10000.gif"

Content-Type: image/gif

GIF89ad

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="xml"

yes

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="cookie"

7f578a33ad76e2a626160fa36f929082

------------------------------19611ba7efd6--

Closing connection #0
Reached end of upload function

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
it's strange. when i run rightload as myself. the log file is not created. i have to run as administrator. but when i run as administrator, rightload 'drag & drop' doesn't work. to add file i have to click FILE...bla bla bla
That is just some Vista permissions problem, don't worry about it.

this is the log after i tried to upload one JPG and one GIF
It looks like the connection is closed unexpectedly while the upload is still running. Do you have some sort of firewall that might cause this? Which country are you uploading from?

• View Profile
Re: the imageshack upload doesn't work
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:14:37 PM »
i use Norton Internet Security 2009. NIS 2009 has firewall. When I bought the notebook, the NIS 2009 is already installed and I never change the settings of the firewall.  I can use bittorrent without any problem (no need to open port because my computer connects to the Internet using DSL so my computer has a public IP.  I'm American working in Cihna (I intentionally mis-spell it to avoid the gov filter). Using VPN to 'pretend' that I'm from USA also gives me the same error.  I use VPN to bypass the gov censor and bypass the block of Pandora. Pandora.com only allows visitor from USA to stream music from their website. I can use VPN to pretend that I'm from USA.  I can still upload to imageshack using the web interface if I use the VPN. I always use the VPN when I upload to imageshack. I think the connection to imageshack.us is blocked by the gov or it is only allowed by imageshack to come from USA

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: the imageshack upload doesn't work
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 03:35:40 PM »
I'm guessing it might be related to that, maybe some overzealous filter on imageshack's part. Does the official upload software (http://toolbar.imageshack.us/windows-uploader/download.php) work?