Author Topic: Windows Vista  (Read 4300 times)

Axiem

• View Profile
Windows Vista
« on: March 30, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
I really loved using RightLoad on my XP machine, but now, I have a new computer.

I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium, and I have RightLoad installed. It has placed itself on the context menu for files, but its context menu entry currently has no obvious effect, and it no longer has the submenu that it did in XP.

In order to use the program, I must actually run it, as opposed to using a context-menu

Is this a known bug, or do I simply have some of my settings wrong?

Thanks!

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 12:34:55 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have a copy of Vista here, so I can't test how RightLoad behaves under Vista. From your description it seems like it has problems finding the path of the executable and configuration file, but I don't see why moving to Vista would cause such a problem (unless they did some major changes to the registry I'm not aware of).

You might want to check out the beta for 0.9, it should at least give you some sort of error message if there are problems:
http://www.rightload.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=21

Stormtrooper

• View Profile
Windows Vista
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 05:54:52 AM »
For what its worth, I just tried installing this on Vista Ultimate ... 1) All sorts of errors when launching the program via .exe, 2) right clicking any file crashes Explorer completely. (v. 0.9 beta 2)