Author Topic: rapidshare question about "?ref=..directstart=1"  (Read 7262 times)

cpptsubasa

• View Profile
rapidshare question about "?ref=..directstart=1"
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:03:38 AM »
First off, an incredible tool that is rightload. Couldn't live without it. My computer crashed and when I installed the new version, I am having an issue with rapidshare. When I upload something, the final link has the rapidshare.com link but something like ?ref=A82C19D3541605FC7D48C4CBD72D0A26&directstart=1 is attached at the end. That didn't used to be there. Did I screw up somewhere? is there a way to not do that? I couldn't figure it out. I'm sorry if it's a dumb  question

Mike1959

• View Profile
    • The Skinnery
Re: rapidshare question about "?ref=..directstart=1"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 02:01:12 AM »
no you didn't screw up in any way...that's the way you see the link now since he updated the Rapidshare server file.
now you have the ability to 'kill off' the file you've uploaded at rapidshare by checking the 'Upload History'

see screenshot below to explain more.
right click on the preferred file highlighted in blue and the menu will appear which will enable you to delete the file from Rapidshare...:)
very handy indeed I think.

cpptsubasa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 08:48:00 PM »
This is wonderfully helpful and I agree that being able to delete from rightload is great but so that I understand correctly does it mean that there is no way to have the old links without "?ref=..directstart=1"? I used to just do ctrl+click and copy the link now I have to hightlight the exact portion. There is no way to turn this option off then, correct?

Mike1959

• View Profile
    • The Skinnery
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:12:30 AM »
I don't know if you can have the links the 'old' way...only the creator of the program can possibly answer that for you sorry..:(
the format of the information is actually in the 'new' server file.

Code: [Select]
URLMask="$url?ref=A82C19D3541605FC7D48C4CBD72D0A26&directstart=1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 07:29:22 AM by Mike1959 »

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 03:02:21 PM »
Sorry about that, I was testing something and forgot to take it out again before uploading the server file. :)

I updated the server file on rightload.org now, so if you delete the Rapidshare.com server from your list, and then download and import the updated server file, the links should be normal again.

Mike1959

• View Profile
    • The Skinnery
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »
thank you for the updated server file..:)

cpptsubasa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
wonderful. thank you