Author Topic: Feature Request: Sub Directories  (Read 6109 times)

Felonious

• View Profile
Feature Request: Sub Directories
« on: May 20, 2007, 11:12:40 PM »
It would be nice if we were able to add sub directories to a directory.  As of right now you can only go one level down from the base URL.  To me this is a major downfall of an otherwise great program.  If this feature was added sometime in the near future I would be much more inclined to use this as my primary FTP client.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 11:48:12 PM »
You can add subdirectories by adding a directory like 'rootfolder/subfolder/another_subfolder'. For example, if you want to upload files to a directory 'camera', which is a subdirectory of 'images', you would add a directory 'images/camera'.

I think that there should be a more intuitive way to do this, though.

Felonious

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 11:55:28 PM »
I never thought of trying to type it in manually like that.  I think it would be a more obvious feature if you allowed right click on a folder with an option for "Add subfolder" with a tree view.

Felonious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 01:59:29 AM »
Sorry for the double post, but how about something like this?

Server Management Window

Windows Right Click Context Menu

Also off-topic another suggestion which isn't so important but would come in handy would be allowing RightLoad to scan the current server from the base dir on down for folder structure and add them to the menu.  You could make this an option for users.  I think it would come in handy as well instead of having to specify every folder that you may use on a server.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 09:41:15 PM »
Thanks for you ideas! Something like this is actually pretty much what I had in mind. I'll try to add it in a future version.