Author Topic: Not Truly Portable  (Read 2716 times)

John0877

• View Profile
Not Truly Portable
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:55:21 AM »
for some reason even if i use the Run Rightload Portable shortcut it still needs to get config data from C:\Documents and Settings\<profile>\Application Data\Rightload\

i would like to have all config and executables in one folder for simplicity but its not working out.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Not Truly Portable
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 07:58:24 PM »
If it is actually running in portable mode, Rightload should save all configuration and temporary data to its own directory. Is that not happening for you? When you run the shortcut, does it say something like "in portable mode" in the title bar?

John0877

• View Profile
Re: Not Truly Portable
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »
it does say "(In Portable Mode)" in the title bar however if i remove the folder from the C:\Documents and Settings\<profile>\Application Data\Rightload  then it doesnt have any of my settings even though theyre also copied in the "Rightload_Config" directiory where the exe resides as well.

after some playing around while i was making this post i guess i forced it to create or whatever its own new settings files and i got the new options in Advanced  which allowed me to set the location of the config files.  now it all seems to be working the way it should be.

i backed up my FTPs and then removed all the config files from both locations (Documents and Settings, and Rightload_Config folders) then i opened the program and made my settings changes.

one thing i think i noticed though is when its activated from the context menu it doesnt seem to run the portable mode shortcut but rather the normal rightload.exe.  is the portable thing just a loader?