Author Topic: Out of System resources when risizing images  (Read 5985 times)

striker1211

• View Profile
Out of System resources when risizing images
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
When resizing a group of large images (20 images @ 2MB a piece) rightload will say it is out of system resources and asks me if i'd like to continue encoding the thumbnails. It seems to work ok but the error message must mean something?

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Out of System resources when risizing images
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
I'm sorry you are having problems! Does it happen every time your resize those pictures? If it does, it would be great if you could try a debug version of Rightload to help me identify the problem.

Are you using the real resizing feature or the thumbnailing feature?

striker1211

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 04:07:18 AM »
Sorry for the late reply. If i upload say 5 images, the first may fail. Then i will upload the same 5 again after canceling and they will work, or another pic may fail. I am using the thumbnailing option i believe because it asked me yes/no to create thumbs. I would be happy to use the debug version.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 11:05:52 AM »
Just to be clear, what exactly do you want to do? Do you want to make the images themselves smaller so they take up less space on the server or create separate thumbnails for the images and still upload the actual images in their original size?

The solution to this problem will probably be to avoid Rightload's thumbnailing function and use the alternative image resizing function, but the final process differs depending on what you want to do.

striker1211

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 09:31:27 PM »
"create separate thumbnails for the images and still upload the actual images in their original size"

I link the thumbnails to the full size images using the "HTML Link <a>" output option. It works great 8 times outta 10 but i figure it should work with an unlimited amount of pictures. Thanks for your replies.

striker1211

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »
It is still doing this on 2.0.1.