Author Topic: RightLoad doesn't appear in the Context Menu  (Read 4878 times)

wiz

• View Profile
RightLoad doesn't appear in the Context Menu
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
I tried with version 0.8 and also 0.9 beta2 - nothing in context menu related to RightLoad. Previously was installed ShelFTP 0.71 and all was fine with this version. RightLoadContext.dll can be simply deleted and seems that it isn't loaded by Windows at all. I tried everything: manual Registry cleaning, manual registering and unregistering of DLL, rebooting, reinstalling... Nirsoft ShellExView report that RightLoad context menu is installed, but it obviously doesn't work. I'm on WinXP Pro SP2, fully updated.

Maybe there still is present some conflict with v0.71? Or with some other software? Have you any idea how I can fix it?

UPDATE: The problem is solved. There are missing some Registry entries like:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\RightLoad]
@="{DA0D7D66-5DAA-41E1-8623-ACA9C62B8649}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\RightLoad]
@="{DA0D7D66-5DAA-41E1-8623-ACA9C62B8649}"

I've manually created such entries and all is now OK. Seems as a problem (bug?) with registration of context menu dll from RightLoad installer/RightLoad EXE.

BTW, maybe something is still missing. There isn't visible difference between checked and unchecked "simple context menu". What should be a difference?

OT: Try sending some file in 0.9 beta2 when a network connection isn't present. A nasty bug. In 0.8 all is fine in such case.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:44:56 AM »
Since the actual registering of the file is done by the installer, I don't have any control over it. I will try to find out what might be causing this, but it looks like it might be a bug in either the installer software or Windows.

About the bug when connecting to a server:
Did the error message mention something like "Cannot draw on canvas"? If it did, this should be fixed in the next version.

wiz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »
I think that the problem isn't related to the registering of dll with installer. I tried manual registering and all was the same. Also, in versions 0.8 and 0.9 beta different installers are used, but the problem is present in both versions. Seems that the problem is caused by some conflict between the actual dll and Windows and due that problem some Registry entries were not stored. Also, seems obvious that such problem isn't present on all versions of Windows. Usually, I don't have such problem with other applications (maybe only with context menu plugin of FreshView, it also doesn't appear). With ShelFTP 0.71 all still works fine (I tried to install it again), so you can trace the problem because you know where is the important difference between v.071 dll and actual version of context menu dll. Maybe a workaround is that the main executable make a registry query upon start and if some important keys aren't present write them in the Registry.

Related to "Cannot draw on canvas"... I think so, not sure because now I have installed v0.8, but after the error there were also several application crashes. I'll try to install it again and then report to you.