Author Topic: Permanent folder list in context menu?  (Read 4040 times)

kevin1979

• View Profile
Permanent folder list in context menu?
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:43:01 PM »
Hi, first of all thanks for creating a program like this. I apologize if this has been mentioned before, or if I missed the feature in the options (I looked them over several times).

What I'm looking for is to be able to manually add folders in RightLoad that already exist on my FTP server. For instant I have a folder named 'ebay' and one named 'pics' on my FTP. What I'd like to be able to do is right-click on a file and have the folder list in the RightLoad context menu (after initially setting the folder names in options of course), so that it will automatically upload the file in the folder chosen without any further need to specify.

From what I can see right now you have to manually type in the name of the folder each time you want to upload something, however a permanent custom folder list that could be set up in advance would really cut down on the time it takes to manually type in the folders with each upload.

Thanks again.

P.S. By the way I found your program in the April 2008 issue of PC Magazine "Supercharge Windows". You're listed as a recommended program on page 75. Congrats!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 08:45:07 PM by kevin1979 »

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent folder list in context menu?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
Hi!

First of all, thanks for letting me know about the recommendation in the magazine! Unfortunately, I'm from Germany so I can't buy a copy myself. Do you think you could maybe email me a scan of the page?

About your suggestion - I'm not really sure if I understand you correctly, but when you select a server on the server management screen you can click on 'New Folder' and enter a folder name. This folder will then show up in the context menu and in the main window. You can also right-click the server and select 'Synchronize Directories' to get all the folders from your server and add them to the list.

Is that what you were looking for?

kevin1979

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »
Yeah that's exactly what I was looking for. Sorry I don't know why I didn't notice it in the first place. It's one of those things where you're looking for something frantically and it's staring right at you the whole time haha.

Sure I can scan the page for you. I'll email it to you within the next half hour or so. Thanks again!

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:52:30 PM »
Thanks for the email!  :)