Author Topic: Bug Report  (Read 7291 times)

asdfinator

• View Profile
Bug Report
« on: May 06, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »
Sometimes RightLoad gets stuck at the end of an upload. I'm pretty sure it uploads the file completely, but the GUI doesn't reflect that.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/7005/neoshooter562008120116aqv4.png

You can see the ETA is 9 min, while the file is either completely or nearly finished. If I don't close, the ETA just continues to go up.

Also, while I'm here.

Feature Request:
1. % complete somewhere in the ui.
2. The ability to auto-copy the urls without closing RL.

Thanks.

Edit: BTW, is there a way to edit the imageshack server so it creates a url that points to the image with ads, so RL doesn't get banned?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:11:09 AM by asdfinator »

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »
Could you enable upload debugging (under Help), run an upload and then email me the file Rightload_FTP.txt from your Rightload directory? You can remove the lines that contain your username and password, obviously.

Your two feature requests will be added to the next version.

Why or how would Rightload get banned from Imageshack? I could create a new server file that copies the URLs to the sites, but this would break some other features, like thumbnails.

asdfinator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:28:09 PM »
Hey, thanks for the email. The issue had left my mind after a few days of checking back on it.

Attached is the log as well as a SS timeline. It seems to only happen with larger files.

>Why or how would Rightload get banned from Imageshack?

I don't know, I didn't really start using imageshack until Rightload, but I just though they might not like hotlinking directly to the images without ads.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:23:06 PM »
It looks like Rightload doesn't receive an "upload complete" signal, so it can't tell whether the upload has finished or not.

I have been trying to reproduce this over here, but it seems like this might be a problem with your server rather than Rightload. Have you had similar problems with other FTP clients?

Also, what happens when you upload two files at once? Does Rightload get stuck after the first one or does it still upload the second one?

About imageshack - when you upload an image on their website they offer a direct link as well, so I don't think they would mind people using it.

asdfinator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 12:53:48 AM »
Yeah, it gets stuck after the first file, if that file is sufficiently large. Works fine with SmartFT though.

Good to know I don't have to worry about imageshack, thanks.

nk

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »
Does it make any difference whether you enable passive mode? Does disabling your firewall help?

If the answer is no to both, it would be great if you could send me a log from SmartFTP, so I could see what might be the difference. I'm not sure how SmartFTP logs uploads, but there should be a log window somewhere, which should contain a text similar to the Rightload FTP log.